CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different

This post is dedicated to my new favorite comedy, other than The Cable Guy.

Monty Python's: And Now For Something Completely Different



It is absolutely the silliest thing I have ever seen in my life, and I love it. LOVE IT. I love the British sense of humor...much more interesting than the cheap, vulgar, American laugh. Not to say I don't like Superbad, because it is very funny, but I like creative humor - and boy oh boy, do the boys of Monty Python know how to be silly, witty, sarcastic, ridiculous...just the best of humor wrapped into one.

In the above picture there is a group of "baby-snatchers" on the loose (announced a news anchor), that are terrorizing the city. A man is shown pushing a baby carriage down the street. Suddenly a group of men dressed as babies come and pick up the man and carry him away...leaving the baby. One would think "baby-snatchers" would take the baby..but instead, they are just dressed like babies. The movie opens with this:

[first lines] [forest]
Announcer: In this picture, there are forty-seven people. None of them can be seen. In this film, we hope to show you how not to be seen. This is Mr. E.R. Bradshaw of Napier Court, Black Lion Road, London, SE14. He cannot be seen. Now I'm going to ask him to stand up. Mr. Bradshaw, will you stand up, please?
[Mr. Bradshaw stands up and is shot]
Announcer: This demonstrates the value of not being seen.

I guess it takes a certain type of humor...but to me, this movie is hilarious and it is even better whenever watched. Typing quotes does not do the movie justice. Also...trippy visuals!

0 comments: