CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bad Dreams

Have you ever been afraid to do things because of a frightening dream you had about the activity?


I think it would be wonderful to go on a hot-air balloon ride.
However, what I would not be excited for would be a horrific storm stomping in and volatile winds causing the balloon to fly high up into the clouds - where the air becomes so thin one lacks the ability to breath. Then, all the sandbags are cut and the floating balloon falls, very rapidly, to the ground. Life flashes before one's eyes. However, upon the landing of which you expect certain death...everyone is completely fine. You have crashed into a very small, rural town in Georgia and no one is very willing to help you clean up your balloon, help you fix it, or point you in the right direction.

That was my dream. That is why I will always be frightened to ride in one.

There will always be that little voice in my mind before I do an activity I've had a bad dream about saying, "What if dreams predict future events? Who are you to say they don't? What if the dream comes true? Are you willing to take that risk?" And then a decision must be made.

0 comments: