CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Self-Taught?

I feel like teaching myself how to do something of use in my spare time. I've been trying to wean myself off of the laptop that seems to attract my attention and divert that attention onto books. Reading is fun at the moment, however I feel like teaching myself a new language. I feel like I would really enjoy living in Istanbul whenever I'm older. It looks like a very beautiful city. I'm attracted to its old buildings, narrow streets, ocean, bazaars, and almost tropical atmosphere. However, they speak Turkish. I've been wanting to learn Arabic for quite awhile and have some workborks...however, I feel like I might start with attempting to self-teach myself some Turkish and maybe take Arabic in college at Penn State. It seems logical enough, looking at their alphabet. The easy thing about the language seems to be that if you can memorize the alphabet, you are in pretty good shape as far as pronunciation goes - because each letter in every word is ALWAYS pronounced as it is.


So here's to trying to teach myself Turkish!

Istanbul, not Constantinople:

















1 comments:

Barbara said...

Our computers, and especially for bloggers, can distract us from so much else. Fun though. Getting the right balance is the answer and I do not always do that.